Sally Hansen Sour Apple

Monday, May 13, 2013

When I hear that that Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coats and Candy Coats had been popping up at Target over the weekend, you know I had to make a trip to see if I could find them. I am not sure I am sold on either of these textures but I wanted to see them for myself. After striking out at one Target, I made the effort to try one more a little further away and I found them!

The only one from the Sugar Coat collection I was dying for was the mint green (and maybe the black). Target seems to have a limited display though and only has 4 Sugar Coats and 6 Fuzzy Coats. I think the full display has 8 Sugar and 8 Fuzzy. Luckily the Target I tried did have the mint green textured polish though. That's what I have below for you. Sour Apple doesn't really look like a sour apple at all but is instead a really nice, creamy pastel mint. Now this texture collection does not have any shimmer or glitter in it. I think it is similar to the Milani or China Glaze textures (vs Zoya or JulieG). I did not have any issues with application and just tried to do really thin coats. The consistency of the polish is interesting. I kind of feels like you put some sand in your regular nail polish. It was a little weird at first but I soon got used to it. Below is 2 coats with no base or top coat.




It really does look like stucco to me. I don't know, though I love the base color, I don't know if I am loving the whole look. I like some of the textured polishes but I think I need that sparkly, glitter in order to enjoy it. If you do like this texture though,  I think you will really like this collection. There are some unusual colors in the mix and the formula was quite nice. I haven't had a chance to try out the fuzzy polishes yet. I don't know if I will like those either, but I guess we will see.

Thanks for stopping by. Did anyone else snap these up this weekend? Do you love it or hate it? Tell me in the comments below. Thanks!

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I like cookies. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on this blog. I read each and every one of them.