Avon Starburst

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Happy hump day! Does anyone know why they call it hump day? I have no idea. Anyway, today I have something very fun to show you. A few weeks ago I purchased some of the new Avon holos from their recent Celestial collection. I had heard that these weren't a linear holo and were close to the holo effect of China Glaze's Tronica collection a couple of years back. And while I prefer super rainbows in my holo polishes, some of the colors looked pretty unique and they were on sale for only $3.49 each. So I picked I think 6 of them, one of which I am showing you today. 

Starburst is a really pretty medium pink/berry color. As you can see, the Avon holos are not linear and are instead a very pretty, fine scattered holo. There was something very delicate looking about the holo in these and I really liked the effect. It's not in your face but you can definitely see the rainbow.The formula on this was great and I had no issues with balding or dragging. Below I am showing 2 coats without base or top coat. (Note - I normally would have added top coat if I was wearing this for a full mani. I know people say top coats can dull a holo finish but it's never happened to me. Didn't do it in this case because of sheer laziness). All shots taken in full sun.



I mean to take a shot in the shade as well but totally forgot to. I really liked this one and thought it was very pretty. If you like a more subtle holo effect, these might be great for you. 

Thanks for reading! I'll be back later this week with more from Avon's Celestial collection.

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I like cookies. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on this blog. I read each and every one of them.