Illamsqua Collide + Hard Candy Black Tie Optional

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Happy Tuesday (that feels like Monday), everyone. I hope everyone had a nice, long weekend. I was out in Ojai for a few days with friends and brought a bunch of nail polish so that everyone could do their nails if they wanted. I have more np stash than I could ever use up and it's always nice to share the the polish love with people.

This is a manicure I wore a little while ago. It's so fun and bright and I just loved it. The base is Illamasqua Collide which is a warm bright pink creme jelly (or crelly). The formula on this was great and I only needed 2 coats to get it to look like this. I really like this color because it's a lot warmer than most of the pinks that I own. To complete the totally 80's vibe, I added a coat of Hard Candy Black Tie Optional, a black and white glitter topper. A lot of companies are coming out with glitters like this one lately (in fact, I just bought the Icing version as a backup) and I really love them. This one is super dense and no fishing is required. I only needed 1 good coat for all the glitter goodness below.




On my hands, this really did look like a splatter type manicure. I can see myself wearing this over a lot of things. Both Collide and Black Tie Optional are fantastic formula-wise and color/finish-wise and I am very glad to have them in my collection. :)

Note: Illamasqua is cruelty free and vegan. Hard Candy is cruelty free.

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I like cookies. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on this blog. I read each and every one of them.