Essie Shake Your $$ Maker

Monday, May 20, 2013

Hi, everyone. I hope you all had an awesome weekend. I had a very fun weekend. I got to meet Mandee from The Bookish Manicurist this weekend. Mandee does really awesome nail art inspired by book covers. If you haven't been to her site yet, definitely check it out. We did a little bit of nail polish shopping, which was really fun. I never get to go shopping with people who love np as much as me. I haven't taken pics of my haul yet but will try to later this week.

Alright, let's get into it. Today I have Essie Shake Your $$ Maker from the new Neons collection that just came out. I love green nail polishes and knew I had to have this one when I spotted it at CVS a few weeks ago.




This one is a jelly, which really surprised me. It looked totally opaque in the bottle and I did not expect it o be a jelly at all. The formula on this was a little thick and I used 3 coats for this swatch. This does dry to a satin finish so you'll definitely want to use a top coat to get that shiny, squishy look.

I don't love this one. I like jellies but I really wanted this to be an opaque kelly green creme. It's not the polish's fault but my expectations of it were off. If you've been looking for a green jelly, then you might love this. As for me, I am still on the search for the perfect green creme. If you have a favorite, let me know in the comments below. :)


Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I like cookies. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on this blog. I read each and every one of them.