Maybelline Sage Staple

Friday, August 30, 2013

Happy Friday, everyone! I am really looking forward to a long weekend. Hopefully I will get a lot of reading and knitting time in. Maybe a bad movie or two. I would like to get some swatching done but it's seriously going to be 100 degrees here so I don't know if the sun will be too crazy to get decent pics. We will see.

Today I have a new polish from Maybelline's recent Vintage Leather line. I spotted the polish display at Target about a week ago. There were polishes missing but I did manage to grab 2 that looked interesting to me. This is Sage Staple, a medium sage green.

Maybeeline Sage Staple

So the finish on this is pretty interesting. The polish is matte (obviously) but also contains little flake like glitter that are supposed to, I think, add a leather-like texture to the finish. It's kind of an interesting finish. I don't know how much like leather it looks like but it's definitely different. The flakies do not give it an actual texture that you can feel (it's still smooth) and just adds to the "leather effect."

Maybeeline Sage Staple

Maybeeline Sage Staple

Maybeeline Sage Staple

The formula on this was kind of thick and I was having issues with patchiness on the first coat. The second coat helped a lot though and I only needed 2 coats for the look above. I did't try this was top coat as this actually chipped on me the day after. So yeah, I am on the fence about this one. I have the plum polish in this line as well which I will give a try. However, I don't love this look. I prefer a straight matte if I am going for matte.

Anyone else spot these yet? What do you think - yay or nay?

Have an awesome weekend, everyone!

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I like cookies. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on this blog. I read each and every one of them.