JulieG Sugar Plum Fairy + Sleigh Ride

Monday, November 11, 2013

Hi, everyone! I hope your week is off to a good start so far. I had a pretty nice, relaxing weekend. I brought some work home with me but I never mustered enough motivation to actually do it. :( Today I have a couple of polishes from the new JulieG winter Gumdrops collection. I really loved their first texture collection and was excited to finally find these in store recently.

JulieG Sugar Plum Fairy + Sleigh Ride

Sugar Plum Fairy is a dark purple with blue undertones.  This one is lovely and full of gorgeous silver glitter. Both of these was extremely pigmented and I only needed 2 coats of each. 

Sleigh Ride is a pretty teal blue. Same type of texture and finish as Sugar Plum Fairy. This one did stain my nails when I took it off, even with base coat. I find that all of my blue textured polishes stain so I wasn't surprised that this did as well.

JulieG Sugar Plum Fairy + Sleigh Ride

JulieG Sugar Plum Fairy + Sleigh Ride

I did have a small issue with wear with these two. I remember the last Gumdrops collection wearing really well. However, this manicure smeared when I stuck my hand in my purse even though I had given it at least a half hour to dry. I did use base coat so not sure if that affected it but I still think it should have been dry by then. They also started chipping fairly quickly after a day or two, which was disappointing.

Overall, I still really like these. I'd probably just be more careful the next time I wear them and give them a good, long time to dry before I do anything too rough with my hands. I wanted this whole collection but only bought 3 of them. Hoping I find the collection again soon when there's a sale so I can pick up the rest. Have a great week!

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I like cookies. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on this blog. I read each and every one of them.