Totally 80's

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

This manicure reminded me of the 80's so much and I love it. I am not a huge fan of 80's fashion but I do love the crazy bright colors that came out of that era. I am a pretty boring manicurist most of the time. I tend to paint all of my nails one color and rarely do nail art. But I've been trying to mix it up lately and throw in accent nails now and again and I was attempting to mix things up when I did this mani. I loved how it turned out and it brightened my day just a bit whenever I would catch a glimpse of my nails.


I started off with 2 coats of Misa Lucky Lychee on all of my fingers except my ring finger and thumb. Lucky Lychee is from Misa's summer collection and is a gorgeous medium neon pink. I know I don't need any more neon pinks but I love them so. This one had a fantastic formula and was very opaque and went on smoothly. It did dry with a slightly matte finish so you'll need top coat for sure. 

Finished off the manicure with 3 coats of China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle from the summer neon collection to my ring finger and thumb. This polish is a bit streaky so I needed 3 coats to get it just right but the color is gorgeous and worth the extra effort for me. Again, this one dried matte so top coat was needed.




I really loved this whole look and am going to try to play more with mixing up my manicures. Anyone else still loving neons or have you moved on to fall already? I love fall's rich shades but am finding it hard to part with my brights. :)

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I like cookies. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on this blog. I read each and every one of them.