butter LONDON Trout Pout + Orly Harmonious Mess

Monday, September 30, 2013

Hi, everyone. I hope you all had a nice weekend. I was feeling a bit under the weather this weekend and took it easy. The weather has been great here though and is starting to really feel like fall. Fall is my favorite month and Halloween is my favorite holiday so I am looking forward to it. I guess I should maybe do some Halloween nail art. Hmm, yeah I'll think about that. :)

But I love bright colors all year round and wore this fun mani the other day. I'd been lemming butter LONDON Trout Pout for a while but my local Ulta was always out of stock. A couple of weeks ago when BL was on sale for $10, I popped by the store to see if there was anything I wanted. I was just about to walk out empty handed when I saw a little display of BL by the front door. A little searching and I managed to find one lone bottle of Trout Pout, and you can bet I brought it home.

butter LONDON Trout Pout

Trout Pout is a really beautiful pink-coral creme. I can never tell if coral is pink or orange but I think this leans a little more pink. Formula was a tad streaky on the first coat but evened out. I used 3 think coats here. You can probably get away with 2 if you are more careful.

butter LONDON Trout Pout

Sorry - the sun seems insanely bright in these pics. I wanted to pair Trout Pout with a contrasting color for a bit of fun and picked Orly Harmonious Mess. I picked up this periwinkle blue creme at TJ Maxx the other day in a 2 pack. This is a lovely pale blue with slight purple undertones. Really nice shade and it looked great with Trout Pout. Used 2 coats of it here. Top coat on both shades.

butter LONDON Trout Pout

I am very happy with both of these shades and super happy to check Trout Pout off of my wish list. Thanks for stopping by today. Have an awesome week!

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I like cookies. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on this blog. I read each and every one of them.