OPI White Gold Top Coat

Tuesday, March 18, 2014


Hello and happy Tuesday! Did any of you L.A. readers feel the earthquake yesterday? It was a pretty substantial one. I was actually in the shower when it happened and my shower door was rattling pretty badly. It was fine though and pretty short, though it did make for an interesting morning on Facebook and Twitter.

So I know today is St. Patrick's Day but I do not have a green manicure for you. Nope, I am busting out something that has been in my drafts for a little while now. It's OPI White Gold Top Coat. This came out last winter as part of the Mariah Carey Holiday collection (I think). I wasn't initially interested in this but I found it after Christmas on clearance at Ulta so I said why not.


OPI White Gold Top Coat is a...white gold top coat. Haha. It has white gold flakes and is basically the silver version of last year's Man with the Golden Gun, also from OPI.  I wore it here over MAC Grey Friday, a gunmetal grey. I found the flake payoff to be pretty good though I did have to do a little bit of dabbing to get the gold where I wanted it to go. It wasn't too fiddly though and I used about 1.5 coats here.




This is a fun polish to have in my collection though I am really glad that I bought it on sale. What do you guys think of the gold flake trend? Love or leave it? Let me know in the comments below. Have a lovely week!

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I like cookies. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on this blog. I read each and every one of them.