Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale

Friday, July 12, 2013

Hi, everyone. TGIF! Hope you have all been having an awesome week. I've had a cough this whole week but it's finally starting to go away. The weather here was scorching hot, too, until a couple of days ago when it started to rain. I have no idea what's going on with the weather but it totally makes me believe in global warming.

Anyway...today I have Sally Hansen's Mermaid's Tale. I picked this one up at Ulta months ago and am only now just getting around to it. It's a gorgeous blue jelly filled with tons of green and blue hex glitter. I really hate the brushes on the Salon Perfect polishes by Sally Hansen. They're just so flat and awkward. But I braved it for this polish and it was worth it. 



These photos are a little blurry. Sorry about that. These are all taken outside in cloudy weather. The sun was not coming out so I had to just go with it. The formula on this was pretty good though sheer since it's a jelly. I had to use 3 coats to get it this dark. It has tons of glitter so no fishing is necessary.

I really like this polish. As you layer it, it's really cool to see how the glitter stacks on top of itself so that it really does start to resemble fish scales. The jelly base gives it a lot of depth as well. It's just a really pretty polish. I love anything mermaid related, too, so this is definitely a winner for me. It did take me a couple of coats of top coat to get it nice and smooth, so be prepared for that.

A gorgeous, gorgeous polish. Thanks for visiting today. Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I like cookies. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on this blog. I read each and every one of them.