L'Oreal Spot Me

Thursday, July 3, 2014


Hello! Man it's been a while since I last posted. No real excuse except that I've been busy and the last thing I have been wanting to do at night after looking at the computer all day is edit more photos. I am trying to get back in the swing of things but posts may be erratic for a while.

Today I have a L'Oreal polish that came out a couple of months ago. I love, love speckled polishes (Illamasqua's Im'Perfect collection is still my favorite) so I'll snap up any speckle type polishes that I find. L'Oreal came out with a small collection this past spring and I had lost all hope of finding them when suddenly a full display popped up at a local Walgreens. Score one for me!

L'Oreal Spot Me

L'Oreal Spot Me is a pale blue creme with different sized black matte hex glitter. This was the one I was most excited by because it had that robin's egg look. Unfortunately, while I loved this in the bottle, I did not love the formula or the final look. Spot Me is very sheer and it took me 3 medium/thick coats to get what you see in these swatches. That might not sound like a lot but the formula was really thick and goopy and hard to apply. I think this actually had too much glitter in it, creating a pretty lumpy finish. The base was also very sheer, requiring multiple layers just to get it to look blue. It doesn't have that squishy, delicate quality I am looking for in a speckled polish. 

L'Oreal Spot Me

To even out the finish, I applied one thick coat of Out the Door Top Coat, which has become one of my new favorite top coats. 

L'Oreal Spot Me

While I think this looks OK in pictures, it didn't do anything for me in person. The base is too sheer and pale and the glitter overwhelms it. Sadly I think this one is going to go in the giveaway pile.

I have one more speckled polish from L'Oreal to review. Will I like it better than Spot Me? Tune in to see!

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I like cookies. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on this blog. I read each and every one of them.