Sally Hansen Coral Reef (Original)

Wednesday, September 3, 2014


Hello, everyone. I hope you all had a nice, long weekend. I actually just got back from my vacation last night. Nothing too crazy but I went to visit family about 5 hours away. It was nice to just hang out and relax for a few days. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to do my nails before I left so they were bare all weekend.

Today's polish is an oldie but goodie. I am sure that some of you are aware of the recent hooplah over Sally Hansen changing some of the formulas and shades on really popular shades. Sally Hansen Coral Reef was one of those shades. I managed to snag a bottle of the original formula (even though I am pretty sure I have a bottle in my stash somewhere).

Sally Hansen Coral Reef - Original Formula

Coral Reef is, unsurprisingly, a coral shade that is that perfect spot between pink and orange. It is a creme finish and the formula was good though not fantastic. I used 3 thin coats to get the finish you see here. Topped everything off with one coat of Out the Door topcoat.

Sally Hansen Coral Reef - Original Formula

I am a sucker for a good coral so it's no surprise that I really like this one. It's great for the summer or for when you need a punch of color. I am not the biggest fan of the Xtreme Wear bottles or brushes, but I will put up with them for this polish.

Sally Hansen Coral Reef - Original Formula

Sally Hansen Coral Reef - Original Formula

I am really glad I was able to get the original formula of this beautiful polish. I had given up hope of finding the original Pacific Blue but I found one bottle just last week. I hope to have a swatch of that one up soon. Happy hump day, everyone!

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I like cookies. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on this blog. I read each and every one of them.