JulieG Hot Cinnamon

Friday, March 22, 2013


Happy happy Friday! I am so happy that the weekend is finally upon us. Time to relax a bit and catch up on some swatching and reading. Also excited because I plan on going to the beauty supply store this weekend to use a giftcard and buy some new polishes. Hoping to find some of the new China Glaze and Color Club holos and the Sation Candylandia collection. 

I am kicking off the weekend with my first foray into the textured polish trend. Last week I saw that Jesse's Girl had a pre-order set for the new Julie G Gum Drops collection at a discounted rate and free shipping. I love anything associated with candy and the swatches looked good so I decided to give them a go.

Hot Cinnamon is a really pretty red with orange shimmer/flicks. You can see in the bottle pic how the shimmer really glows. It doesn't translate as much onto the nail except to give it a really nice, rich tone. It's recommended that you wear these without base or top coat, which is what I did. Below is two coats (no top coat).




This polish also photographed really well, which was awesome. Formula was very smooth and I had no issues with it. I have heard that textured polishes really need to be dry between coats, so I made sure to wait a few minutes before putting on the second layer. I liked this a lot more than I thought I would. It does feel a little bit like really fine sandpaper, but you get used to it. For the most part, it felt just like normal polish.

Wear time on my wasn't great. It started to chip after a few days (usually I can go 4-5 days with most polishes). Some people have reported amazing wear time with textured polishes. I just might not be one of them. But I didn't mind too much and removal was pretty painless.  All in all I am very happy with Hot Cinnamon. I am excited to try the other colors in the set and am also now lusting after the Zoya Pixie polishes. 

Anyone else into the textured polish trend or are you waiting for the next big thing? For me, I am enjoying this new look and plan on trying a few more polishes in this finish. Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!


  1. I'm the one of these who can wear sand polishes for even 7 days!
    I just love this polish!
    georgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this one looks fantastic on you! Love the sugary finish! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, yun! yes, the finish is totally sugary and fun.

      Delete

I love comments almost as much as I like cookies. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on this blog. I read each and every one of them.